The Diabetes Self-Management Education Follow-Up Classes are meant for those individuals who have already completed the ten hour Diabetes Self-Management Education Classes. Classes are held 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm in the education room of the Bond Diabetes Clinic located at 199 Ave B N.W., Winter Haven, FL 33881.
To sign up for classes or if you have any questions, please contact the Diabetes Clinic at 863-293-1191 ext. 3511.
One two hour class is billable to Medicare or private insurance. Co-payments may apply.
- January 20 & 22, 2021 – Mind-full or Mind-less Eating. This class will review the best options for mind-full eating habits.
- February 10 & 12, 2021 – The Domino Effect of High Blood Pressure We will discuss the consequences of high blood pressure.
- April 14 & 16, 2021 – What are Nutrient Dense Foods? Tips will be provided to assist in identifying nutrient dense food options.
- May 12 & 14, 2021 – Are You Ready for Hurricane Season? What do you need in your diabetes hurricane kit?
- July 14 & 16 , 2021 – Moving Day. Get ready to start your fitness routine!
- August 4 & 6, 2021– Dia-Bingo. Diabetes management review with bingo. (Valuable PRIZES for a Bingo)
- October 13 & 15, 2021 – What’s the Future of Diabetes Management? The class will be updated on current trends and new medications for diabetes management.
- November 10 & 12, 2021 – Hol-i-Maze! It’s that time of the year. Let’s discuss tips to surviving the holidays and keep your diabetes under control.