September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Here’s a list of 10 things You should know about Prostate Cancer.
- Prostate Cancer is the most common (non-skin cancer) in men in the U.S.
- In the US, alone, 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with Prostate Cancer at some time in his lifetime.
- In 2020, nearly 192,000 U.S. men will be diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, and more than 33,000 will die from the disease. *That’s 1 new Prostate Cancer diagnosed every 3 minutes and a death from prostate cancer every 16 minutes.
- A man is more likely to develop Prostate Cancer than he is to develop colon, kidney, melanoma, and stomach cancers combined.
- It is estimated that more than 3 million U.S. men are living with prostate cancer.
- As men increase in age, as does their risk of developing Prostate Cancer -though exponentially. *Approximately 6 in 10 cases are found in males over the age of 65.