Summer is a great time for kids to enjoy different indoor and outdoor activities. Whether they are young children or teens, learn ways to keep your kids safe and healthy while they enjoy the summer fun.
In Florida, water-related activities are popular for getting physical activity and have many health benefits. Here are some tips to stay safe while having fun.
- Always supervise children when in or around water. A responsible adult should constantly watch young children.
- Teach kids to swim. Formal swimming lessons can protect young children from drowning.
- Learn cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Your CPR skills could save someone’s life.
- Install a four-sided fence around home pools.
- Recreational boating can be a wonderful way to spend time with family and friends. Make boating safety a priority.
- Wear a properly fitted life jacket every time you and your loved ones are on the water.
If you have any urgent medical issues this summer, remember our Urgent Care is open Monday through Friday 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 3 pm. Call 863-293-1191 ×3693.