The Diabetes Self-Management Education Follow-Up Classes are meant for those individuals who have already completed the ten hour Diabetes Self-Management Education Classes. Classes are held 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm in the education room of the Bond Diabetes Clinic located at 199 Ave B N.W., Winter Haven, FL 33881.
To sign up for classes or if you have any questions, please contact the Diabetes Clinic at 863-293-1191 ext. 3511.
One two hour class is billable to Medicare or private insurance. Co-payments may apply.
- January 15 & 17, 2020 – Let’s Prevent the Micro-vascular Complications of Diabetes – This class will review the best options to prevent small vessel complications of diabetes.
- February 12 & 14, 2020 – Let’s Prevent the Macro-vascular Complications of Diabetes – This class will review the best options to prevent large vessel complications of diabetes.
- April 8 & 10, 2020 – What are Nutrient Dense Foods? – Tips will be provided to assist in identifying nutrient dense foods.
- May 6 & 8, 2020 – Are You Ready for Hurricane Season? – What to include in your diabetes hurricane kit?
- July 15, 2020 – Do you suffer from Portion Distortion when Dining Out? The class will review menus and receive tips to assist with making better food choices when dining out.
- August 12, 2020 – Portion Size Bingo – Diabetes portion review with Portion Size Bingo. (Yes, there will be prizes!)
- October 14, 2020 – What’s the Future of Diabetes Management? – Miller will return as our guest speaker updating the class on current trends and new medications for diabetes management.
- November 11, 2020 – Help! It’s the Hol-i-daze! – Holiday recipes and food samples are the highlight of the gathering. We will discuss tips to surviving the holidays.